Ottawa, November 1, 2012 – As the Prix Rideau Awards prepares for its eighth year, we are looking for nominations for English and French jury members!
The Prix Rideau Awards currently operates two juries: one for French theatre and one for English theatre. Jury members will attend professional theatre productions in the Ottawa/Gatineau region throughout the 2013 calendar year, and will determine who is nominated for the Prix Rideau Awards in April 2014. Participation on the Prix Rideau Awards jury is voluntary but critically important. Tickets to performances are made available to jurors at no charge by the companies of the submitted productions.
Excellent English juror candidates are:
– EITHER recognized by their peers as professional theatre practitioners in the Ottawa/Gatineau region OR are passionate theatre lovers with a demonstrable history of significant support of the theatre community;
– available to attend more than 25 (and as many as 40) professional English productions during the 2013 calendar year, with as many as a dozen of these productions taking place during the Ottawa Fringe Festival, June 20-30, 2013;
– able to keep objective and independent notes on every production juried throughout the year, with a view towards making end-of-year nominations in all of the award categories;
– excellent and efficient communicators, especially over email;
– interested in the ongoing health, development, and promotion of theatre in the Ottawa-Gatineau region.
Work as a juror is extremely rewarding and absolutely critical to the success of the Prix Rideau Awards, but it is also a significant and occasionally taxing responsibility.
We are interested in a diverse range of backgrounds, theatrical training and practices, and are especially interested in making sure the technical/design disciplines are well represented.
If you are interested in becoming a juror please submit your name and statement of qualifications before November 15, 2012 to email@example.com In addition, please forward this call for nominations to anyone you think may be interested.
The Steering Committee would like to put the new jury in place in December, so it’s ready to start work on January 1, 2013!