For immediate release
Ottawa, January 3, 2011 – Founded in 2006 to celebrate and promote local professional theatre, the Prix Rideau Awards are pleased to announce the launch of our new website. Please update your bookmarks to our new address:
This new website is part of the growth of the Prix Rideau Awards, as we continue to work at meeting the needs of the community. The layout of the website’s content allows improved navigation in both official languages, and submitting a production for consideration has never been easier.
- The site offers many new features as well as improvements, such as:
- The new Mission Statement of the Prix Rideau Awards
- The revised Terms and Criteria for the 2011 awards consideration year
- More information about who we are and how to contact us
- An updated online submission form
- The upcoming option to submit registration fees using PayPal
- The possibility of paying many registration fees at once
- A Media page and Sponsors listing
- A list of the productions submitted for 2010 and 2011
- The archives of previous galas, winners and nominees
In addition, the Prix Rideau Awards has recently completed an extensive review of its Award Terms and Criteria, and has made significant changes to its awards categories, definitions of eligibility and voting procedures. These new terms will be in affect for the 2011 jurying year, which means that the first set of awards under these new terms and criteria will be handed out during the 2012 gala. If you are thinking of submitting a production for consideration in 2011, we ask that you carefully read the new Award Terms and Criteria:
We invite you to check out our new website, by visiting www.prixrideauawards.ca, and come back regularly for news and updates.